1. What is a bed bug?
2. What can happen in my home if I get bed bugs?
Bed bugs are a common pest in homes. They can cause skin irritation and allergic reactions. They are also known to carry diseases like Chagas disease, which is a parasitic disease that can lead to heart failure and death.
Bed bugs have been around for centuries and have been found in the homes of ancient Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, and Native Americans. What makes them such a tough bug to get rid of is the fact that they only come out at night when you’re asleep.
If you think you might be getting bed bugs in your home it’s important to take precautions right away by inspecting your bedding, furniture and other items that may be infested with bed bugs.
3. How do I know if I have bed bugs?
There are a few ways to know if you have bed bugs:
– You can see the bed bugs themselves, with their flat, oval-shaped bodies and long antennae.
– You can find blood stains on your sheets or mattress.
– You can also check for fecal spots on your sheets or mattress.
– The presence of bites in the morning is another indicator of bed bug infestation.
4. How do I get rid of them?
The most effective way to eliminate bed bugs is with heat treatment as it dehydrates the bugs. Heat treatment is a safe, non-chemical alternative for pest control. It works by pumping heat into a structure through flexible ducts to raise room temperatures in the range of 140-150ºF.
Unfortunately there are down sides to using heat treatments to get rid of bed bugs. Heat treatments are not 100% effective as the heat may just cause the bugs to scatter and possibly lead to further infestation, such as in the room next door or the floor above. It is also very expensive as it requires specialized equipment and a lot of preparation. A small apartment treatment may cost in the range of $1,200 and with preparation, take up to eight hours.
RestAsure is the only product on the market that utilizes dehydration methods to exterminate bed bugs for good and at any stage of their life.
5. Conclusion: how should you prepare for bed bug treatment?
Bed bugs are among the most difficult pests to control. They are notoriously difficult to detect and often go unnoticed until their population has grown out of control.
Bed bug infestations have been on the rise for years, but in recent years, bed bugs have become more resistant to traditional treatments.
Here’s what you need to know about bed bug treatment:
– Bed bugs live in cracks and crevices around your home, so it is important that you inspect all the places they can hide
– You should also be aware that they can live on clothes and luggage
– If you suspect that you might have a bed bug problem, call a professional exterminator right away or in order to save thousands of dollars, order RestAsure today!
The good news is that there is a safe way for you to get rid of bedbugs at home without having to resort to over-the-counter chemicals or pesticides that could harm your family or pets. That’s what this blog is all about – providing information about our products as well as some tips for preventing future infestations.
Come back soon for more information about the bed bug epidemic and how RestAsure is the most effective way to eliminate bed bugs!